Content Marketing Can Make or Break Your Remodeling Company’s Online Presence
Imagine this scenario: you’ve got a referral for your remodeling business from one of your favorite clients. After finishing a large and profitable remodel from the client in question, she told her friend Claire about the great job that you did. You’d really like to attract more business like this because of how smoothly things went, and you were told by your client that her friend would be a perfect fit with your way of working.
Now imagine that Claire talked to some other friends who gave her two additional contractor referrals. She then looks at each company’s website and finds yours a bit lacking because it has an older design or does not have current information.
Next, she visits another company’s site and finds some content about their latest project that seems to be exactly what she’s looking for. From there, Claire clicks to learn more on their blog and is drawn in by their posts. She finds one entry about how the company solved a difficult design issue with a home and another that explains that they are set up to do whole house remodels. Because of this, she is more likely to take the advice in their “how to choose a contractor” post. In fact, she ends up calling that company first.
Claire may still call you. However, with a website that doesn’t attract your ideal client, you’re already behind the competition before you’ve even had the chance to talk to a prospective client. In this case, content that is well-written with the intention of attracting the ideal client would work perfectly to differentiate you from your competition and get her to call you first instead.
Here’s why you need to have a “content marketing” mindset, along with an action plan:
1) Content Attracts – You want more people like the client I mentioned above, right? Well, knowing enough about them, including how and why they would choose you, will make it easy to create the right type of content. Once that content is in place, you’ll be able to attract more people who are similar to your ideal client.
2) Content Educates – A whopping 81 percent of consumers will research items and services online before making a purchase. Your content can provide them with the necessary information they need in order to make an informed decision.
3) Content Generates Leads – You can use content as a lead magnet to get people to KNOW, LIKE and TRUST you. From there, they will be more likely to purchase your products or services.
4) Content Builds Your Brand – Brand awareness is critical, and consumers also want to know what your company stands for. Your written content can help accomplish both of these needs.
5) Content Establishes You as an Expert – You know a lot more than your website shows. Write about how you solved a particular problem or explain a topic that your clients care about. Over time, you will build a reputation that goes beyond just attracting clients. This will also make it easier for clients to refer their friends to you.
6) Content Endures – Evergreen content in the form of blog posts will live on your site indefinitely and is ready for a prospective client to read at their leisure. Over time, this will help you amass a larger online presence and regular readers.
7) Content Drives SEO Rankings – Without a high Google search ranking, it will be difficult for new prospects to discover your site. Well-written content is one of the best ways to improve your SEO and boost your overall ranking.
8) Content Differentiates You – You control what you write and can use this to show the specific things that you want consumers to know about your company. For example, if you want to take on larger remodeling projects instead of smaller single room makeovers, you can write about big projects. Or perhaps you’re looking for people who care about taking an environmentally friendly approach. Writing a post about this aspect of your projects will showcase your expertise and attract attention from the right prospects.
9) Content Keeps Your Audience Engaged – Regardless of what business you’re in, relevant content that people actually want to read and share will keep you at the top of their mind when they or a friend need your specific products or services.
10) Content Marketing Can’t be Ignored – This is a long-term play and will have long-lasting benefits for your online presence. Content marketing brings in leads and helps convert them to clients and customers. Therefore, ignoring this marketing method would be a big mistake.
Ultimately, the strength and quality of your content marketing will have a huge impact on whether or not your website is successful. Additionally, inbound marketing is rapidly becoming the most profitable way to attract new clients, and this technique requires well-written content that is added to on a regular basis. By following this approach, it will be much easier to convert referrals and new prospects into loyal customers.